Cutie Pie!!!

Cutie Pie!!!
Cutie Pie!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Settling In

Hi Everyone,

We've been home almost a week now and I can't believe it.  We are still dealing very much with jet lag, especially Lily.  We were up at 2:00 and 3:00 am for several days so needless to say we were both in bed very early at night.  We have made a bit of progress however and this morning we she woke up at 5:45 am.  Who would have thought I would ever consider 5:45 am progress.   Baby steps!!

Lily has been adjusting very well to her new home.  She loves her toys and in the short time we've been here has started crawling (she couldn't do that when we were in China) and it won't be long until she starts walking.  I'm in deep trouble then.

We've gone on a few small outings over the last couple of days to try and keep her awake during the day.  We went to the OHIP office and the mall and had lunch with Nai Nai Brenda and Aunt Donna.  We also went to Denny's with Uncle John, Aunt Rebecca and Iris for pancakes to mark the start of lent.  We didn't much care for the pancakes but she loved the scrambled eggs and she shared very well with Iris, which again is a big improvement from scratching and pushing the kids when I first got her.   She has also mastered the art of kissing so Mommy loves those although some are wetter than others.  We'll work on that.

I am looking foward to the warmer weather when we can start going outside for walks.  Right now she's not too happy in her snow suit because it's a little confining.

Grandpapa is coming for a visit for a couple of days this weekend so he and we are very excited.   We aren't going to do much except get acquainted.

Well it's almost nap time and we are rubbing our eyes right now so I better get to trying to get her down before I miss the window of opportunity.

Thank you to everyone for the parcels, flowers, letters and emails.  I will get to sending thank you notes or responses to each of you when I can spare a few minutes.

Hugs and kisses, Marie and Lily  (here's a couple of pics from home to tied you over).

                                                                  We love banana.

                                                                And our Cheerios!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! Say hi to your Dad for us. We saw him at my brother Dave's in Bonfield(on his way back from hunting in Mattawa). Sounds like you are both doing great. Will look forward to more news and pics.

    ReplyDelete