The last couple of days have been very busy. We went to Tianamen Square and the Forbidden City and that was a lot of walking and I can tell you it's a great workout when you have a 23lb child strapped to your chest.
Our shopping day was, well, interesting. I didn't buy much except for an extra bag to take laundry home and some running shoes for Lily. I would be rich and skinny if I lived here full time. The bargaining is not my thing and well you know my idea of the food here. Aunt Donna seemed to enjoy the haggling. She bought shoes and purses. Can you believe I'm in fake bag central and I didn't even look at them. And they say Motherhood doesn't change you.
Last night we had a "Goodbye China" dinner and a birthday party for Hayley who turned 6 yesterday. There was a magician who made animal balloons but Lily wanted nothing to do with hers. She was more interested in dancing to the music they were playing. That's my girl!!!
Today we pack and then "Whoo Hoo!!!!" we are coming home. I'm going to try and keep Lily up this afternoon so she sleeps on the plane tonight. That's the plan! We'll see how that goes.
Hope all is well with everyone at home. See you soon. We are all so ready to come home.
Love Lily, MC and
Aunt Donna
Have a safe trip home!
ReplyDeleteHave Richard and Suzie's 2 little ones here since Sun. What fun!
If you ever drive by Chelmsford to visit your Dad in Timmimns, we are just 5 min. from the highway. If you need a place to rest(now that you are a Mom), we would be happy to have you and Lily. We met at my brother, Dave's ayear or so ago.
Welcome Home!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're both home safe, sound and ready for the next adventure! Yeah! D & T
ReplyDelete