Cutie Pie!!!

Cutie Pie!!!
Cutie Pie!

Monday, August 22, 2011

6 MONTH ANNIVERSARY!

Yesterday marked the 6 month anniversary of Lily and I becoming a family.  It's gone by so fast and yet we've come such a long way in such a short period of time.  If you look back at the first pictures of Lily compared to now she's definitely a different child.   Maman just can't remember life without her and is head over heels in love.  I don't know how the authorities in China do it but I couldn't have been matched to any better little one.  She's very much like me in personality but yet has her own special traits that make you laugh daily.  Right now she's holding a building block and talking into it like it's a telephone and having a conversation with god knows who but it must be good because she's dancing while babling.

We've had lots of outings this week and the more we see friends the more comfortable she becomes with them and is less clingy.  I haven't tried going back to the daycare at the gym because I realized that one of the reasons she didn't like it is because the staff wasn't consistent and they were strangers to her ( and we've been so busy we haven't had time).  We're just going to grin and bare the first few weeks at her daycare until she feels comfortable with the staff and hope it goes well.

Until then, we are getting ready for a big change in routine and will savor our current free time and routine for the next few weeks. 

Hope everyone survived the wicked storm we had yesterday without damage.  We made out okay except for our pool which ended up flying through the yard and landed in the back of the garden.   A minor issue compared to the major damage others suffered as you watch the news.

Have a great week and here are some of the recent pics for your pleasure.
Love Marie and Lily

                                                       I just love to wear Maman's shoes!
                                                         Girl!!! We say that often these days.
                                 Just watch.  Panda hats and ruby glitter slippers will be all the rage this fall.
                                             Thanks Amelia for the shoes.  We love them.
                                                              We just love the bath!!!
                                            Can you do this????

No comments:

Post a Comment