Bonjour,
I’m typing this with Lily on my lap because we are cranky pants this morning so if there are a few additional letters you’ll know why.
Today we went to the Notary’s office for the final completion of the adoption. It was quite hilarious. The only question the notary asked is if I was satisfied with the baby? Huh! I’d like to know how many people say no, can I have another model. Anyways, with this document it means all is final and I have to declare her at customs. I doubt she would get passed the authorities if we stuffed her in the bag anyway. She’s way too vocal for that. We are testing Mommy’s patience this morning as we are very cranky but only for the sake of being cranky. Oh well. She doesn’t know that I’m just as stubborn.
The visit to Walmart was interesting. They have many products that we don’t have here but I didn’t see the monkeys everyone was talking about. Guess those weren’t in the diaper department. Funny but most of the products we found on the shelf had all expired. Guess the turnover isn’t great around here but we did manage to find chips and snickers. Those will be dinner tonight.
Lily and I went out for a walk last night on the streets of Nanchang with Chloe and her parents. We got lots of looks and hello’s from the locals but I have to say we didn’t venture too far. Even Cory was nervous enough to go back. Apparently around here it’s okay to drive on the sidewalk with all the pedestrians and the pedestrians do not have the right of way. It’s more jump out of the way when the cars are coming or else you’re toast. I will never complain about the crowds in Toronto again.
We are heading to the Temple of Teng Wang today. It’s supposed to be nice weather again. Will try and send pics tomorrow.
Well Miss Cranky Pants is needing some breakfast and so is Mommy and Aunt Donna.
Bye, we miss you all.
Lily, you are such a cute little girl, just like your Mama! Can't wait to give you and Mama big hugs and kisses! Sweet dreams to you little girl, and to Mama and Auntie Donna, too!
ReplyDeleteUntil we officially meet.....
Much love,
Auntie Rebecca, Uncle John and Iris.
Lily's going to be a little character, no doubt! Good thing cuteness goes a long way towards making the challenges well worthwhile!
ReplyDeleteI totally get it about not feeling safe on sidewalks: we felt the same in Viet Nam! Makes Toronto seem downright tame!
As for shopping: make sure you come home with at least one pair of 'squeaky shoes'. They are not only fun, but darned handy, as you'll always know where Lily is : )
Hey Marie, Lily certainly is a cute little thing - you must be so happy - she will be such a joy for you - cranky, eh - stubborn beats cranky any time - enjoy the rest of your time there and I look forward to seeing more pictures of you and your lovely daughter - we are so very, very happy for you! Love, Donalda
ReplyDeleteHi Marie, looks like all is going well and you sound so happy! I love the pics and can't wait to meet Lily -- she looks like a princess! Safe travels.
ReplyDelete